Wednesday, November 28, 2007

On to the next one

Well it's over. Thanksgiving has come and gone and all were well satisfied. It sure seems odd that year's fly by. The older one becomes, the quicker seasons seem to change. It was only last week that summer began and now here we are staring Christmas in the face.
I am way ahead of the game this year. I have done the vast majority of my shopping and even sent most of the packages home with the recipients. I still have the parents and finish buying for Yvonne. It feels good to have done this during the year so it is not so hectic now.
If your family is like ours they have everything they need and it is difficult to find things they want. It is a challenge.
Here at the cookie plant things are getting back to normal. We finally received the shipments of raw materials and are getting the staff back to ramp up production again.
I didn't say anything earlier, but we were having a bit of trouble with the peanut butter. Our source was just not coming through in a timely manner and it was putting a real strain on scheduling. Now I am buying direct from the manufacturer and hopefully will never experience the same delays again.
So today we start to make peanut butter cookies again. When we are running at full speed we can currently produce around 50,000 cookies per shift. When I structured the work week I went with a 4 day (Mon -Thur) 10 hour per day schedule. I have to say I love it. Having a 3 day weekend virtually every week is very nice.
I just received word from Sales and they say we are now available in over 400 locations. Not bad for a company that really only began full scale production a little less than a year ago.
If you haven't had a chance to check out the new packaging, please go to the website and post your impressions here. So far the response has been overwhelmingly favorable (barring one Buyer on the East Coast).
Time to go out and make some cookies, TTYL.

No comments: