Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day without Keta

Thursday came bright and early. I was at the plant at 6:30AM getting paperwork done before the troops showed up. Keta, our floor manager, was not able to come in this morning, so that left me to run the cookie depositor. With a broken digit that becomes a problem. I needed to figure out how to get a glove over my hand so I could work around the food. I finally found a system that worked. I was able to take one of our larger gloves and put it carefully over my finger, then put the splint over that. I do not have to touch the dough so there are no health concerns, however I try to keep everything as far above the standards and humanly possible.
As I have stated before, we are meticulous about our plant. We strive to keep it absolutely clean at all times.
We run at maximum 50,000 cookies per day. That translates into 30 batches. Today we had 18 batches in before lunch, so I look to hit the 30 easy.
Christmas is next Tuesday and we are looking forward to the snow. I'm not nearly as excited about the 2 degree weather though. I kind of like the 40 degree weather offered here in the coastal area.
Yvonne flew from the island to the mainland yesterday and had quite a trip. The winds were picking up and she was in a four seater. She's not much for flying in small planes and was white as a ghost when she arrived. Her hands didn't stop shaking for half an hour.
We're closing in on the private label project and should have it out of here on schedule. That will be a big relief. Now we can concentrate on the new flavors and packaging and Canadian orders and rebuilding some inventory on the current four flavors, and, and, and, it just goes on and on.
I'd better go back out and check the floor. Enjoy the holidays if I don't talk to you before.
TTYL

No comments: