Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Gluten free Broiled Salmon with Ginger and Scallions



Writing yesterday's blog got me thinking that Yvonne has made a ton of good salmon dishes and some of you probably are not taking the time to visit http://www.glutenfreeda.com/ to see the wide variety offered there (for free I might add). So I am giving you one of my favorites.


Now we live in the Pacific Northwest so are kinda spoiled when it comes to salmon. We get fresh, line caught fish often. As a matter of fact we get most of our seafood from a small fish shop located on the docks in Friday Harbor, WA. I believe it is the only floating fish store in the state. I'll post a picture of it one of these days.



Serves 4

Difficulty Easy
Ingredients:
For fish:4 salmon filets

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 teaspoon fish sauce

1 teaspoon gf catsup

1 teaspoon gf soy sauce

1 teaspoon vegetable oil

1" piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced


For scallions:

1 Tablespoon vegetable oil

3 scallions, thinly sliced

1/2 onion, sliced


For garnish:

2 Tablespoon peanuts, chopped

Directions
In a shallow pan mix together salt, pepper, fish sauce, catsup, soy sauce, oil and ginger. Add salmon and marinate for 10 minutes.

Set oven to broil. Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat, adding scallions and onions. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside. Broil salmon for 5 minutes or until done. Serve, topped with sauted scallions and onions. Garnish with chopped nuts.


Now doesn't that sound easy? Believe me it will be a hit at any dinner party.


Now I need to get a fishing boat so I can go catch my own.

TTYL

No comments: